When we launch a new limited edition or numbered edition product at an announced time, there are usually a lot of other customers waiting, eager to order the product.
This naturally puts a bit of pressure on our website, as we never know how many of you there are.
We have put together a list of tips that will minimise the pressure on our server and hopefully give you a better experience too.
Please read through the list - they're simple things, but can make a lot of difference on the day.
- Check with your bank that your credit card isn't blocked for international transactions and that there's nothing else that would prevent you from using the card for a pre-authorisation on wetaNZ.com.
- Update your browser - if you use the latest version of Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari as your web browser, you are more likely to get a good experience than with some other browsers.
- Start with a freshly restarted computer - they always work best.
- Log in to your account well ahead of time on the day - the more clicks and logins that happen at the same time when sales open, the greater the risk that the site gets overloaded.
- Check in your profile that your shipping details are correct - no PO boxes, please - and that you have Zip/postal codes, phone numbers, email address and everything else entered correctly.
- Only click once on buttons - it's a human instinct to do something repeatedly if it doesn't work first time. While it may be a good idea when you're knocking ashes out of a pipe, on a website it's almost never a good idea. Only click again if the website shows you a message that it has timed out or if you have waited for more than a minute for something to happen.
- When you have submitted your credit card details - wait for the order confirmation. This is important, as that's when your email is sent out, confirming your purchase.
- Keep Calm and Carry On - The pressure will be the greatest in the first five minutes, so stick with it. Everybody has the same chance of securing an order.
- If the site DOES fall over - keep an eye on www.facebook.com/wetaworkshop We will keep you updated.
We look forward to seeing you on the day and we hope you get a pleasant experience.